Are you one of the people who continue to make unhealthy food choices?
Our health is the most important aspect of our life and many times we aren’t aware of the things we are putting in our bodies. Many of the products that we’ve been consuming have passed through so many processes to be able to be delivered to your home. Our fast pacing life has made industries speed up the process of their products to be able to deliver as many as they can.
We are all entitled to decide what’s best for our health, what we eat and drink matters. Everything should add up to a more balanced diet. Health conditions and options play a role not only in helping us lose weight but also in maintaining a better lifestyle.
Thanks to healthy-conscious food industries we can find so many hacks and swaps that can be included in our life. It’s not about saying no to everything, life is not all black or white, it’s about finding that one gray path that doesn’t make dieting so frustrating. Being healthy is more than just diet, it’s about combining healthy food choices, smart habits, and regular movement.
Here are some benefits of swapping to more nutritious food:
- Can reduce the risk of certain conditions like diabetes, obesity, heart disease, and cancer
- Keeps skin, hair, and nails healthy
- Boosts our immune system
- Helps our digestive function
- Strengths joints
- Helps achieve and maintain a healthy weight
Food cravings are very hard to resist and when you have them next to you, whether you’ve got a salty or sweet tooth, swapping to a portion of more nutritious food can be just as tasty as not-so-healthy food. Swapping has made the way we at more helpful and better for our bodies.
Ideas for Food Swapping:
- Mustard instead of Mayo
- Whole Grain Bread instead of White Bread
- Packed potato chips made with avocado oil instead of canola oil
- Chickpea Pasta instead of White Pasta
- Almond or Coconut Flour instead of White Flour
- Infused Water instead of Fruit Juice
- Fruits or Vegetables instead of all processed snacks
- Coconut sugar or Monkfruit instead of Cane Sugar
- Oats and nuts instead of sugary cereals
- Homemade or healthy granola for your breakfast
- Low Sugar Granola Bars instead of sugary bars
- Tea and Coffee instead of energy drinks
- Try Whole Grain or Grain Free snacks
- Opt for plain greek yogurt
- Consume products with a minimum list of ingredients
- Boil, sautee, or air fry your food instead of fried
- Use spray olive oil (you tend to use less)
- Make your salad dressings
- Try dairy-free or nut milk
- Go crazy for nuts!
TIP: Look out for hidden sugars in ketchup, spaghetti sauces, dressings, coffee creamers, pastries, spreads, cereals, etc.
You don’t have to stop it, just swap it.